Advice and representation to franchisees and franchisors on all aspects of franchising or buying a business including:
- What to do when you want to expand your business;
- What type of business entity to use;
- What risks are involved in operating or setting up a franchise;
- What obligations arise for both franchisees and franchisors under the legislation;
- How to identify and protect your intellectual property rights.
Our experience includes:
- Establishing a franchise from start to completion;
- Acting on the sale and purchase of franchise operations;
- Acting on the sale and purchase of businesses and shares;
- Setting up various ways of protecting an individual’s or company’s intellectual property;
- Interpreting and advising on complex legislation including the Trade Practices Act, The Franchising Code of Conduct and the Corporations Law;
- Running dispute resolution including litigation, arbitration and mediation with successful outcomes.